"Five Foot Two..."
Old Song Man is his karaoke DJ alter ego but I call him grandpa. He's always been into music. At least what I remember. Most of my aunts, his daughters sang or performed in school plays and I'm sure it had to have been an influence from him. Later in life he started a karaoke DJ business and would work the busy nights at local restaurants. He had quiet the following as I've been told.
Back in April I took the kids down to visit my grandfather. At first he was kind of in a blah mood. But knowing how much he loves music, I had a little trick up my sleeve to bring the house up to tempo! Like her great grandfather, Kate loves to sing karaoke. I pulled out her "Frozen" cd and we got busy entertaining grandpa. Before the end of the disc Kate had drawn a crowd outside grandpa's door. We met his neighbors and nurses. It was a fun afternoon!
Before we sang "Frozen", I pulled out grandpa's ukuleles and the kids played along while grandpa sang his favorite song, "Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue". He also sang a few others, but that one he knows really well.
A few onlookers entertained by Katie.




Comments