Jack Turns Six

It's hard for me to accept the fact that this kid is six. However, I know very well that Jack is a big boy. He's such an independent person; likes doing things all by himself. Jack is very much his daddy in that way. Thankfully he also likes being around people; likes being loved. Jack is very much like me in that way. I feel Jack is a very good mix of Scott and I. And I'm so proud of him. Especially the way he's growing up.

For Jack's birthday this year we threw together a last minute celebration. Short story: my friend Carlee was getting married on Jack's birthday. So I RSVP'd that we'd go. It was a Friday and we figured we'd celebrate Jack the following weekend. Well, I ended up getting sick about a week before. Friday morning came and I was still too down to go anywhere. I called my mom and she offered to make Jack a birthday dinner, including cake, and bring it over for the family to share. (Can you say life-saver!) Scott came home on Friday with a ton of birthday balloons and made Jack's day! Later that night grandma and grandpa came over with a Mexican themed dinner and we had a very (quiet) wonderful celebration.

 The bunch of balloons Daddy brought home was extremely exciting.
That Spider Man balloon stayed for two weeks!

 Jack requested an Iron Man cake for his birthday sweetness.
 Grandma sure knows how to deliver!


 Bumble Bee Trans Formers costume from mom and dad.

 Stompeez!


From Grandma and Grandpa: A very special gift for big responsible boys
A Red Rider BB Gun.
I wasn't totally hip on this idea. But I will admit, Grandpa sure knows how to handle boys and their toys. 


 Grandpa reading Jack his card. Gift in lap.

The very next day, Grandpa brought the gift back over and they practiced holding the gun and even shooting it. Jack was so proud of himself.






Happy Birthday wishes to my dear Jack. I hope your year is full of adventure, surprises and love!

Comments

Popular Posts