Cookie Baking Time!

As you may remember, I didn't have a super great time baking cookies last year. So this year I decided to change it up a bit.
We made:
Chocolate covered pretzels
Apple Crisp cookies
Molasses crinkles

First, I got my two best cooking partners then we got to baking.


Kate can't do much for now but look super cute!


Jack was totally into it!


Rolling in sugar!


Waiting for them to cool enough to snag one...or two!


We made these with our neighbor Holly. I think I'd do these again but not the twists.

I'm trying really hard to muster the patients to make my mother's frosted sugar cookies. Seems how she won't give me any due to her dog eating four dozen of them while they were drying. Thanks Cocoa. I really love those cookies. They say Christmas to me. I'll let you know how I do on the cookies.
If I don't post before, Please enjoy your holiday! I'm looking forward to Kate's First Christmas!!!

Comments

Anne said…
You make your mother sound like a Big Blue Meanie! You fail to say that she did give you SIX POUNDS of her famous Christmas fudge! Saved you a lot of work there!
Samara Link said…
JEN!! This is so cool! I love your kitchen assistants, and I think I'd like to borrow both of them for Valentine's Day baking. :)

I still can't believe Lady Cocoa. She must've had one upset belly. And your mom must have gotten an ulcer. I would have!

What a good baking session you had.
It looks like a lot of fun, and I bet the kids enjoyed the smell of love baking all day.

Happy holidays!!
(Sorry you're not feeling well today. Huge bummer.)
Samara Link said…
Hi, Jen! Your holiday cookies make it all the way from Michigan to Arizona! Jim and Sandy took awhile getting here ... seven days in all. But your cookies looked beautiful! They were in the bag and on the plate, just like they were when you delivered them to the motorhome in Mason. We ate them for dessert the first night they were in Chandler. I made dinner, and your cookies were the perfect way to end our meal. We all LOVED the hearty ones. They were soooo good, and they were the first to go. I liked the molasses crinkles a lot, too. I'm going to have to get that recipe from you. I'd like to make them in the fall. Really yummy! There was so much love on that plate, and I thought it was so totally nice of you to send those all the way to us in Arizona. You're the BEST!!!

Popular Posts