Long Time...

I know it's been forever since I've posted. But most of you know Scott and I have been dealing with a lot of stuff. So I'm assuming I'm forgiven. :o)

First order of business, our Christmas tree!
It's the ugliest tree in the history of Truman trees! But, we love it.
The three of us went out towards Okemos to a farm we've gone to for a while now. We picked out a new type of tree we wanted to try and chopped the poor thing down. Now it's trying to stay alive in our dry house as it's covered in all the new and beautiful decorations I bought at Bronner's this year.




Here Jack and Daddy drag our balsam fir up to be shaken, wrapped and tied to our car.



Jack hangs the first decorations on the tree.



And a little close-up to some of our new decor! I love our tree! I think it's pretty.

Now on to the baby.
Two weeks ago I sent out the letter in regards to our baby having an abnormal heart and Down syndrome. If you did not receive this letter and would like to, email me. I'll send it over.

To date, nothing more has come about. I did have an extensive ultrasound today and the doctor said there are no more surprises to be revealed. He said the baby is growing like it should and all the other body parts look normal! :o) Big smiles on our faces!!! We even got a 3D picture of our baby. It's cute! I always thought those were a little scary looking but I can see the baby already looks a lot like Jack. Especially the mouth.

Below I decided, since I can't show you pictures of the baby (yet, I think Santa might be bringing me a scanner!) I thought I would show you my big ole belly via web cam! (You're welcome!)



Here's a really bad close up! No, I'm not really this pale. It's the web cam! Also, this room will soon be Jack's. Hence all the nothingness behind me. We're slowly moving this office into the man cave downstairs. Scott just needs a little help (and time!) to move this heavy desk my computer sits on. It looks great down there! BTW.



Me sitting down. Yes, I'm in my jammies! I live in these things.



And standing up. I don't look so chubby in this pic. But, my belly is large! The lady at the post office says she doubts I'll last until March. Thanks! Just give me my f-n stamps!



No, not twins. Just too much time on my hands and messing around with the Mac.

Right now I'm reading a fantastic book that a friend bought us. (Thank you Dave!) It's about babies with Down syndrome. It's very informative and I love reading it. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the possibilities of a Downs baby. Next I need to get in contact with a parent of a Downs child. I've tried to reach out to one already but she has yet to respond to my friend request on FB. RAMBLING! Anyways, after the New Year I'm going to start calling around to find my baby a pediatrician who is willing to take on our baby, and Jack. And from there I think I need to get familiar with another specialist that will help our baby with physical therapy type work called early intervention. SIGH... so much to do!

Well, thanks for listening to my nonsense. I want to say one last thing.
Thank you to all of my wonderful family and friends! I love you all so much. I got a lot of great responses from my letter. Even though I haven't written back to you, I want you to know I'm so appreciative of your thoughtfulness and kind words. :o)
Merry Christmas and...



Peace Out!

Comments

Ian Cords said…
Sis, I have a friend that has baby with downs. Her name is Erin Purdy. I have contact through facebook. Her child is quite young (1 or 2), so I am not sure if she will be much help. In addition, I work with a guy whose wife teaches and works with children with special needs. If you like I can forward her your contact information.

Oh, by the way Brandy and I love you all, and would be glad to help however and whereever we can!!
Samara Link said…
Jen ... SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! Thank you for posting photos of yourself!!! That's wonderful! You look great. You do, regardless of what the lady at the post office said. :) I'm so happy for you, honey.

I love your Christmas tree! It's so nice that you have the family tradition of going to get a tree together. Your new decorations are LOVELY!!
Samara Link said…
BTW, is that what I think it is at the end of you post? So funny! I laughed when I first saw it, and at the same time, I liked the warhol type display. You're hilarious and so artistic at the same time!

Popular Posts