Super Jack!

Not long after his most recent birthday Jack's been playing pretend a lot. Mostly he pretends to be a super hero. So this sparked an idea from Scott; ask my mom if she'd make Jack a cape.
So, I did.
And she did.
And now, I'd like to introduce to you, my son, Super Jack!



The day mom brought it over, Jack wouldn't take it off.
They went to Meijer and he wore it.
Showing everyone they were safe under his protection.
Mom said many told him they were so relieved he was there to take care of them.

My son, Super Jack.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, Super Jack at the Meijer store was unbelievable! So many nods of approval. Many more smiles and laughs. He strutted in front of the grocery cart as if he were protecting me from evil produce mark-ups. I believe the correct quote from two individuals was "I'm so glad you are here to protect us!" Once he got just a little too far away from me and I called out his name, "Jack!" A woman on the other side of the aisle said, "I wondered what the 'J' stood for!" It was obvious she had been spying Jack's cape for awhile.

I really got a kick out of when Jennifer said that when Jack takes his cape off, he goes back to his earthly identity - he is no longer "Super Jack." The kid really has a good grasp on reality vs. fantasy.

Mom
Samara Link said…
I love it! What a great imagination. It's also good to see him getting excited and proud about something he dreamed up all on his own. That's got to be a healthy process. It's wonderful that Jack has a family that encourages his ideas, dreams, fantasies, and ventures. That's priceless! As is the cape itself. Another Anne-tastic creation.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the compliment, Sam. Jen really likes the "Anne-tastic" comment. It's so easy to be creative and to put the effort forward when you have an inspiration such as Jack. He is indeed the vital spark I need to get going. I love him so much!

Mom
Anonymous said…
I hope Super Jack visits us Friday when we babysit Jack =P

~Brandy

Popular Posts