Jack and Jack

My step mother Janet and I have a friend named Samantha. She has a son named Victor Jack, who she calls Jack. A few weeks ago Janet and I took the Jacks to the Eaton Rapids library for story time. When we decided we had enough of the boys not paying attention to the stories and of them running all around the library, we took then for a long walk until it was time to meet Grandpa Cords, AKA Patio to the other Jack, down at Darb's for lunch. Here's a few of the two rascals terrorizing ER.

It was a cold day so we decided to take the boys into the local furniture store. This new area is where the old bowling alley used to be. Look at these two. Very mischievous, don't you think!


Looking as cute as they can.

At Darb's

Getting quarters for the pool tables with Grandpa.


All these two did was take the balls and roll them into the pockets. Kind of an expensive game.


Did anyone check the ID's of these two??? It didn't matter. A few minutes later some asshole went to the bartender and asked to have the Jack's stopped. He didn't even play afterward!

Just for Fun

I was uploading some pictures from my small camera and found this shot of Jack. It's a self portrait. Or Jack's trying to photograph his cool Ninja Turtles sticker from the doctor's office.

Comments

Uncle Ian said…
Tell Jack that Uncle Ian learned by moving a chair around the table and shooting with the bridge. But then again I was 6...so Jack might have a few more years before he is at the point. So when Jack is ready...it will be Uncle Ian and Jack drinking Vernors and drafts. He decides who drinks what!
Samara Link said…
Hey, Jen. I can't believe someone asked those two beautiful, happy boys to stop playing pool. Grouchy bastards. It looks like it was a fun outing. Glad you and Jack got to spend some time with your parents and Jack.

So, the bowling alley is gone, huh? It's funny -- I imagine that town looking the same as it did when I saw it last. It's been a long time though! I'm sure it's changed a lot. My god, the last time I was there was probably nine years ago. Hard to believe.
Anne said…
That's funny, Uncle Ian. I can remember those days.

Isn't it strange when you look at these two Jacks, how they differ from one another so much, but are practically the same age and generation? One has long hair, the other has short. One wears a hat, the other doesn't. One dresses in MSU green, the other in Ohio State (or Indiana??) red. Makes you wonder about all the other things that might be different in their lives. It is so cool that kids with different upbringings can still be good friends. It's good to see that they both know the value of gray sweatpants and pool tables!

Sam, I live just 8 miles from town and even I cannot believe the changes! Do you remember Holley's Bear Den? My husband remembers a root beer stand north of where McDonald's (where you used to work) is today!
Samara Link said…
Anne (and Jen), I do remember the Bear Den -- one of the best places in town. Wet burritos and grilled cheese. Is Miller's still there? And Nick's? When I was a kid, I loved hot chocolate, super buttery garlic bread sticks and nachos at Nicks. From Millers, it was onion rings and shakes or malts. (Healthy, huh?)

Popular Posts