Fun Stuff

Two Wild and Crazy Guys

Jack's friend Isaac, who is my friend Brandi's son, came over a few weeks ago to hang out. These two boys have so much fun together. They watched a movie, played with toys and wrestled. All while letting me practice some lighting solutions.




Uncle Ian and the Cell Phone Craze.
Jack loves the phone. Anytime Scott or I am on it, he needs to too. While Ian and Brandy (different Brandy from above) were over the other night Jack watched uncle Ian put his cell phone in his front pocket. So, Jack found his cell phone and had to put it in his front pocket. For the next week Jack had to wear jeans so he had a front pocket to put his cell in. Every time I tried to put sweats on him he would throw a fit. So silly!


Jack was so proud to be just like uncle Ian!

Moody Jack






Super Bowl Sunday
My boys and I had our own little Super Bowl party. I made a fun snack type dinner and we cheered on the Cardinals as they almost won the game.

Jack's doing some sort of Super Bowl Shuffle.


Close-up of our yummy treats. I made hot wings with
BW3's Spicy Garlic, veggie pizza and cheese dip for tortilla chips.


Scott gives it all a thumbs-up!


Up-side down Bubby!
Jack and daddy play rough while I play with more lighting. I'm trying to master the white balance controls on my camera. It's amazing all the things I'm learning to do with it. I really try hard not to use the automatic functions anymore.




Again, playing with lighting... Jack plays too!

In this picture I used my new diffuser straight up in the air (not tilting the flash).
However, I also used my iPhoto (Mac photo software) to adjust the exposure. Not by much though.


Here I used the diffuser straight on. Jack blocked the dome
from spreading the light. At least that's how I see it.


I used my built-in flash and adjusted my white balance accordingly.


And again with diffuser. Looks a tad orange. Hmm... more later.

Jack's Great Photography Work
Ok, so I wouldn't say it's "great!" but hey, he's just starting.
While I was taking the last four photos above, these are what Jack captured. Enjoy!



Bye for now!

Comments

Samara Link said…
This is cute! You know, I didn't see that you updated until a week after this post was here. Weird. I usually notice the day of. Anyway, I like that you're showing some of the difference as you play with settings and your new light diffuser. Practice makes perfect. It's also good encouragement for me. I get lazy with auto settings too often and always feel better when I don't use them. I think part of it for me is that I don't trust myself totally setting things myself. So, I use the auto so I don't miss something that I won't be able to recreate. Anyway, your Superbowl Party for Three looked like fun. :)
Anonymous said…
Jack's little shuffle cracks me up!
Anonymous said…
I don't know, but I think Jack just might become a photographer one day. He has the pose and seriousness all set up. Perhaps he gets that from his mom. He could also be a telemarketer. He has a real love for the telephone! But I think, in my humble opinion, that Jack will be whatever he wants to be and not only that, he will be the one in charge! He will be the "boss of the applesauce" as we used to say to Ian. Perhaps he will grow up to be Ian's "applesauce boss". Or perhaps the "boss of Ian's applesauce." Or maybe the applesauce of Ian's boss." Whatever...he will be the best and most successful at whatever he decides to be!

Popular Posts