Christmas Prep
The day after Thanksgiving Scott woke up happy as could be. He was ready to get us in the mood for Christmas! Bound and determined to create a vibe that would transfer to Jack and me and magically give us the Christmas spirit.
You know what, it worked!
Scott was successful.
So, off we went to find the Truman Christmas tree.


And while that was being done, Jack found a car collection.
Cars the movie has been Jack's vice for a few weeks now. I'm sick of it!
It wasn't hard but Jack found some mud to play in.
And right before we left to go home. Yea, that was fun!
After we brought our tree home we all took a nice nap and filled our bellies before heading downtown Mason to see the tree lighting ceremony and Christams parade.
Back at home we climb into our jammies, make some hot cocoa and decorate our tree.
And the final shot.
A few days later Scott and I moved the tree to the other side of the
living room and we found a new star to top our tree.
We had a wonderful family day with lots of excitement!
You know what, it worked!
Scott was successful.
So, off we went to find the Truman Christmas tree.
Cars the movie has been Jack's vice for a few weeks now. I'm sick of it!
And right before we left to go home. Yea, that was fun!
After we brought our tree home we all took a nice nap and filled our bellies before heading downtown Mason to see the tree lighting ceremony and Christams parade.
Back at home we climb into our jammies, make some hot cocoa and decorate our tree.
A few days later Scott and I moved the tree to the other side of the
living room and we found a new star to top our tree.
We had a wonderful family day with lots of excitement!
Comments
So, this was all in one day? How fabulous! There's no way one could possibly resist the Christmas spirit with all these activities packed into the day! Good for Scott for getting it going. That's awesome! It's got to be really fun to see Christmas through Jack's eyes now that he's old enough to get into it.
Your tree farm run looks like it was so much fun. Good family time. You know the last time I went and got a tree was when we lived at Savoy? My sister and Jim took us. I actually have a hard time believing that was the last time I did that! David and I got a fake tree in Dallas, which I wouldn't do if I had it to do over again because of the environmental consequences, but I don't see any benefit coming from putting it in a landfill now. So, I keep it. In the years between Savoy and Dallas, I didn't get a tree. Anyway, my point is, the one time I went and cut down a tree was such a wonderful experience. I hope to do it again someday. Seeing your photos reminds me of that. I'm so glad you guys got to do that with Jack!!
The Mason parade and tree lighting looked like it was a fun time. So glad you shared pictures. :)
Your tree looks lovely. Glad you like your new ornaments! :)
Hugs and Merry Christmas Wishes!!