Basic Jack

A dear friend of mine recently asked what a "normal" day was like for Jack. She wanted to know all the little things he does while we're at home. So, for Samara, and the rest of my faithful readers, here's some of the things Jack has done this summer on a routine day.



Running errands, like grocery shopping, gets Jack out of the house. Notice the Red Bull; it gets him going when he is having a slow day. No seriously, Jack jumped up in Scott's truck the day we brought the camper home before Bliss Fest. He would grab the steering wheel and make loud car noises. (Rurrrr) It was really cute!


Ok, for real now, Jack loves to try and put his own shoes on.
Usually gets them on the wrong feet but hey, at least he knows where they go!


YEA! Potty training. 
Sike! This was the one and only time he's gone potty on the big boy toilet.
Jack's so going to kill me if he ever sees this picture.


MSU Children's Garden
Before I shot Ian and Brandy's engagement pictures, Jack and I checked out the grounds. What a fantastic time we had. Jack really loved discovering all the fun play sets the garden had to offer. I really loved seeing all the different flowers and plants it showcased. I'm sure next summer Jack and I will go again.






Elle's 2nd birthday at Chuck E. Cheese's



Jack loved playing ski ball with Aunt Brit and her roommate Stephanie.
Here they show where the tickets come out so they can get cool toys at the ticket counter. Ready to play?!


NO! YOU HAVE TO ROLL THE BALL!
Jack has obviously been watching baseball all his life.


Jack showed grandpa Cords his driving skills.
His legs were a little too short to reach the peddles but he didn't mind.


Grammy and Grandpa Cords and Auntie Brooke watch Jack and Elle shoot rubber duckies out of a stream of water.


Hanging in his room. Boy, this isn't a good angle for him. His nose look like my big nose! Sorry, kid.


Posing. It's not often anymore that I can get a natural shot of him.
He sees the camera and wants to cheese it up!
Guess that's what you get when you raise him around a camera. 

I haven't gotten a shot of this yet but, Jack now picks up my smaller digital and holds it to his eyes. It's really cute and scary at the same time. Scary because he often grabs the lens and sometimes I forget to clean it. Soon I'll post some pictures with Jack's fingerprints all over them. (It'll be a great post!) ha.. ha..


Doing the laundry.
This is an every day chore. Here (still in our jammies) 
Jack drags a semi full basket down the hall behind him.
He tries to lift it but turns to drag it. He's a strong kid.


Funny face!
Playing at the park.


Unlacing daddy's shoes.
This is an all time favorite thing to do when we're bored with mommy!


Ahh, chilling with Dad and snacking on gummy fruit snacks. This is a typical Saturday afternoon.


Grandpa Cords and Jack enjoy the tasty brownies our neighbors made for us after I realized our oven broke.
More on that later.


Jack helped me scoop cookie dough onto sheet pans after I mixed together a batch of cookies. Notice cheesy smile. This was to break in my new oven. Also notice the new hair cut. (go back to picture above for old style)


Mmm... those are darn good cookies, mommy!


Time to vacuum! 
This is Jack's favorite thing to do! He LOVES the vacuum!
Hey, I'm not going stop him. It's great!


And I can't forget Jack's favorite hiding place. My room's window. He loves to sit inside the sheer curtain. He'll bring his drink, any snacks and toys and sit there and play so nice. Usually he does this if I'm on the computer or scraping.

So, there you go. Hope you enjoyed the little things that Jack does in a day. Now that I'm ending this I think it would have been cool to shoot a whole day. From beginning to end. That just doesn't seem possible. Too much havoc in between the moments to carry around a camera. Maybe another time though. When Jack's older.

Comments

Samara Link said…
Jennifer, I LOVE this post! It's always fun to see you guys and what you're up to, but it's kind of special to see little everyday things that Jack is into. He is SO DAMN CUTE! The whole time I was reading your post and checking out all these pictures of him, I just wanted to kiss his darling cheeks! He really is a beautiful boy. (You and Scott should seriously consider procreating again. You do good work.) I love the ones of him helping you around the house and driving the car. He sure has grown since you were here with him in January. Time just doesn't stand still, does it? Thank you so much for sharing -- and dont' worry -- I'll make sure he does see that photo of him on the toilet. :)
Mandi said…
Fun post! Jack is such a handsome boy!
Anonymous said…
Okay, so I'm a LITTLE partial, but Jack is a beautiful boy! Thanks for sharing! Love you!
Samara Link said…
Love the new blog color. :)

Popular Posts