Updates and Playdates

I just can't believe Jack is six months old. It seems just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital. Now he's sitting up and playing with toys. Eating baby food and trying to talk. Soon he'll be walking and running all over the place. At Jack's six month check up he weighed in at 18.5 lbs and measured 28" long. The nurse didn't tell us the percentile comparison to other children but everyone who likes to share their opinion tells me Jack is big for his age. Oh, well. It just insures me that he'll have some heighth when he's older. (Right?)


At the appointment Jack's doctor told me he'd like to see Jack off a bottle between nine and twelve months. So right now we're trying to incorporate a sipping cup. So far, ah not so fun. Jack likes to hold it and kind of gets the idea. He just hasn't realized how to get the fluid out of the cup and into his mouth. So until he does I'll have a lot of water of clean up.



This is a new face for Jack. Like I said earlier, Jack is trying to talk. He's learning his voice and what he can do with it. Here Jack is making a low almost growling noise.



Playdate One:

Jennifer Long is a friend most of you know as Jenni Knapp. She and Kevin (Long) were married last summer and had a baby in early December. His name is Henry. He's absolutely wonderful. Shortly after Henry was born Jack and he had somewhat of a playdate. It was more a sleep date. Now our boys, who are just short of two months apart, are a little more able to "play".
Here's some shots of Henry and Jack's playdate.

This is Henry or as I like to call him, Hank the Tank. He's a very sweet baby.



Henry and Jack stare each other down.



Oops! Let me help you says Jack to Henry.



Sit back like me and you won't fall over.



Playdate Two:

My friend Sasha has a little boy named Alex. He's eighteen months old and all boy. He too is a good little man. And very sweet to Jack. A week ago Sasha and I got together to hang out and we watched our little men get to know one another. Here's what we saw.

Alex shows Jack some of his toys. Jack thoroughly tastes each one.



Thanks for sharing Alex. You and I will get along great!



Oh no! Let me help you up.



Well, first I'll give you a kiss to make it all better.

Comments

Popular Posts