Scrapbooking Weekend

For the past three years I've joined in on a group of ladies who stay all weekend in a cabin and scrap book. Of course that's not all we do but scrapbooking is the main focus of the weekend. The cabin is located just 30 minutes from my house in a town called Spring Arbor. The cabin is more like a giant log cabin with every amentity you can think of. The basement of the cabin is set to host up to 16 scrapers and includes a computer, printer/scanner, tons of tools to use and some to buy. The ladies who own and operate the "Treehouse" are amazing. They constantly keep food available at all times and cook all meals. It's such a wonderful time and I suggest if your into scrapping you need to go at least once.

Below are the pages I constructed this weekend. Now, I'm not a fast scrapper nor am I very good but I'm proud of these pages. It was my goal to work on my pre-wedding events and I got all of them done except for two of my showers (of five) and Scott's bachlor party. But I did have some much needed rest. Also this year the ladies I'm closer with watched a lot more movies than we usually have in the past. Although one lady put together 60 pages! But I don't think I saw her outside of the scrap room. In the end, I had a great time and can't wait to go again next year. Oh- I can't believe I forgot to mention this. On the last day everyone's name get put into a drawing for gift certificates. I won a $150 certificate to use on next year's stay! Awesome!

Dress Fitting


Prenuptial Preview


Backyard Picnic


Special Gifts (About the garter my mom made me.)


Jennifer and...


Double page spreads



I'm not sure if these will end up together. Like I mentioned above, I still have some events to cover so I might make the others match these.



Comments

Samara Link said…
I am so glad you had a good time at your weekend! It sounds awesome. Damn the distance I live from there...that'd be so much fun to join in.

Your pages are great, Jennifer. Very, very cute. You're good! It's awesome that you gournal in your own handwriting instead of typing it out -- I think that's the kind of thing that personalises it and makes it a more special memento. Also, I like all the black paper --helps you focus on the photots. That stip of "negatives" with your hair shots is very cool and I love the sticker above it...click click click click click.

Congratulations on your $150 gift certificate!!! That's awesome!

Popular Posts