Big Boy!

Today Jack had his four month check-up. He weighs 16lbs. and is 27 1/2" long. The nurse told me Jack is 97 percentile in height and 75 percentile in weight. Yeah, we have a big boy! Not fat, just healthy. So far it seems he has gotten some of my taller background. Keep your fingers crossed; I would LOVE a tall boy. (Think 6'3" at least!) I highly doubt that will happen but I can always dream.
During his visit at the doctor's office Jack had his secound series of shots. It was mommy's first time having to hold him during them too. Daddy unfortunately couldn't make the visit. I tried really hard to be tough. I didn't want to cry like I did last time and I didn't. It was hard though. His poor eyes got really big once the needle poked him and just a little cry followed once he realized what was going on but after all three were done Jack was fine; he's a strong boy.


This time we got one Daffy Duck band-aid and one Bugs Bunny band-aid.


Look, I can almost sit up by myself. With the help of Mr. Elephant (whose holding all of Jack's weight) Jack's able to sit up for just a few seconds before he starts to lean to the side.

Play Date!

Just down the street I have a friend whom I met while working at Regency. Her name is Brandi. She and her husband Nathan have become good friends of Scott and mine. Just before Scott and I found out we were having a baby Brandi gave birth to son Isaac. He is a good little guy and some day he and Jack will be playmates. Brandi and I have gotten together just a few times now that we're both stay at home mommies. I know it's hard for us to really hang while our little guys are so young but I know that will change once Isaac and Jack can play together.
Yesterday I asked Brandi and Isaac to join Jack and me for a movie and some Mac-n-Cheese. It was a short play date but still very fun!

"Jack, all you have to do is spin these shapes and they move like this." Isaac shows Jack how it's done on the Baby Einstein play center that he too has at his house.

Comments

Samara Link said…
16 pounds! What a big boy, you have. That's great that his appointment went well. I'm so happy you and Scott have a healthy little one. Gosh, and he's so gamn cute!!

It's nice that you and Brandi were able to get together. It's cute to see Jack playing with another little boy. I'm sure there will be plenty of that in the coming years. Playdates!

So happy to see another post from you - I know I say that every time you blog, but it just makes my day to get updates on how you are all doing. Say hi to Scott for us.

Hugs,
Sam

Popular Posts