A Couples Shower
When I think of baby showers I picture a room decorated in pastel colors, a buffet of easy to make lunch fixings and woman baring gifts with all sorts of advice. Well, scrap that idea and learn of the new way to celebrate a baby on its way. Don't get me wrong, the traditional shower is always nice to have but a change-up can be refreshing.
Some friends of ours decided to have a couples' shower for Scott and I. Together, Tonia Olson and Jennifer Hodges put together a "shower" that was enjoyed by both women and men. Including dogs from the grill, present opening and a beer drinking contest.

These are the hostesses with the mostesses. Bob Olson is frying up some yummy French fries while his wife Tonia and friend Jennifer Hodges supervise.

This, I believe was Jennifer's idea. I thought it was too cute. Diapers used as bowls to hold snacks. What a clever idea.

Tonia is getting our dinner ready with style. Everything you would need for your dog or brat was there. Sauerkraut, mustard, onions, chili, cheese sauce... You name it and it was there!

Here's another cute idea, the girls wrapped the plasticwear in diapers. I would have never thought of that.

Some of our crazy friends L-R: Jennifer, Amy Fryburger, Scott, Steve G-bong. I have no idea how to spell his last name, but this is really what we call him.

These two are friends of ours that go way back. Teddy and Sasha. (Short story time!)
So, Teddy and Scott were roommates when I first met Scott; and Sasha and I met when Sasha started to work at the restaurant that Scott and I worked at. So, it was kind of cool that the four of us have reconnected after all these years.

This is my boy friend. His name is Alex and he is Teddy and Sasha's little boy. He is such a good kid, I hope our baby is just as good. :o) Doesn't he have the biggest, cutest eyes?!

And the couple of the night, or should I say the three some? I think this was on my second course of dogs. I had to get a picture in before I bloated from all the yummy, not-so-good-for-me food.

Here's some more crazy friends: Dave Hodges, Jennifer, Billy (our best man), Jill Bailey, Tonia and Kara Helms.

So, I told you we have a beer drinking contest. What the contestants had to do is see who would finish their sippy cup full of beer first. Scott won from the guys and Stacy, whom is pregnant too, won from the ladies. She was the only girl who played and was the only one who sipped pop instead of beer.

I just love this picture of Billy. He's such a happy-go-lucky guy.

This is Jill. I really love this picture of her. She has a beautiful smile!

Here is Kevin Conrad and Mojo. I'm not sure what they're up to but I bet it isn't good. Never trust these two; especially if they're smiling!
These last three pictures are of us unwrapping some gifts. It was dark outside and, as mentioned in a previous post, I don't have a good flash. (Remember Christmas???) So here are some of the ones that turned out semi ok. Thanks to Dave Hodges for taking the pictures for me!!



We had a really great time! I would love to do this idea for someone else. Scott had mentioned it wasn't as bad as he might have thought. He kind of chuckled when the girls started telling me all about the goods of having certain items. He thought that's what must really happen at showers. Yup, it sure is; on top of other advice that guys don't really care to know.
Thanks Tonia and Jennifer. You really made us feel special!
Some friends of ours decided to have a couples' shower for Scott and I. Together, Tonia Olson and Jennifer Hodges put together a "shower" that was enjoyed by both women and men. Including dogs from the grill, present opening and a beer drinking contest.

These are the hostesses with the mostesses. Bob Olson is frying up some yummy French fries while his wife Tonia and friend Jennifer Hodges supervise.

This, I believe was Jennifer's idea. I thought it was too cute. Diapers used as bowls to hold snacks. What a clever idea.

Tonia is getting our dinner ready with style. Everything you would need for your dog or brat was there. Sauerkraut, mustard, onions, chili, cheese sauce... You name it and it was there!

Here's another cute idea, the girls wrapped the plasticwear in diapers. I would have never thought of that.

Some of our crazy friends L-R: Jennifer, Amy Fryburger, Scott, Steve G-bong. I have no idea how to spell his last name, but this is really what we call him.

These two are friends of ours that go way back. Teddy and Sasha. (Short story time!)
So, Teddy and Scott were roommates when I first met Scott; and Sasha and I met when Sasha started to work at the restaurant that Scott and I worked at. So, it was kind of cool that the four of us have reconnected after all these years.

This is my boy friend. His name is Alex and he is Teddy and Sasha's little boy. He is such a good kid, I hope our baby is just as good. :o) Doesn't he have the biggest, cutest eyes?!

And the couple of the night, or should I say the three some? I think this was on my second course of dogs. I had to get a picture in before I bloated from all the yummy, not-so-good-for-me food.

Here's some more crazy friends: Dave Hodges, Jennifer, Billy (our best man), Jill Bailey, Tonia and Kara Helms.

So, I told you we have a beer drinking contest. What the contestants had to do is see who would finish their sippy cup full of beer first. Scott won from the guys and Stacy, whom is pregnant too, won from the ladies. She was the only girl who played and was the only one who sipped pop instead of beer.

I just love this picture of Billy. He's such a happy-go-lucky guy.

This is Jill. I really love this picture of her. She has a beautiful smile!

Here is Kevin Conrad and Mojo. I'm not sure what they're up to but I bet it isn't good. Never trust these two; especially if they're smiling!
These last three pictures are of us unwrapping some gifts. It was dark outside and, as mentioned in a previous post, I don't have a good flash. (Remember Christmas???) So here are some of the ones that turned out semi ok. Thanks to Dave Hodges for taking the pictures for me!!



We had a really great time! I would love to do this idea for someone else. Scott had mentioned it wasn't as bad as he might have thought. He kind of chuckled when the girls started telling me all about the goods of having certain items. He thought that's what must really happen at showers. Yup, it sure is; on top of other advice that guys don't really care to know.
Thanks Tonia and Jennifer. You really made us feel special!
Comments